The MCC Oral Pharmacy, located within the Gettysburg Cancer Center, is staffed with Certified Pharmacy Technicians with experience in mixing chemotherapy as well as dispensing oral medications. With in-office dispensing, we strive to assist our patients in achieving the best possible outcomes from their healthcare decisions by providing them with the education and medications onsite, thus alleviating the confusion or wait times experienced at retail or specialty pharmacies.
From helpful pharmacists to affordable oral chemo, Gettysburg Cancer Center offers a wide range of pharmacy services to make it easier for patients to take their medicine. We have one of the few oral chemotherapy pharmacies in Central Pennsylvania, bringing the medicine you need right to you.
- Oral Chemotherapy – Making our cancer pharmacy unique in Gettysburg, PA, we offer the convenience of oral chemo when appropriate. By providing these medicines in our own pharmacy, we can be sure our patients get the best medicine for them.
- Injectables – We are able to dispense injectables at our cancer pharmacy so that you can have them right away following your appointment.
- Antibiotic Therapy – Treating infection can be an urgent matter, especially for cancer patients. We keep a broad spectrum of antibiotics on hand to eradicate secondary infections fast.
- Supportive Medications (Antiemetics) – A full range of antiemetics are available in various strengths. Patients taking chemotherapy often need these supportive medications to counteract the side effects of chemo.
- Financial Patient Assistance – Gettysburg Cancer Center offers the most affordable oral chemotherapy options in Central Pennsylvania, including a financial assistance program for patients who qualify.
Our pharmacy technicians are in direct communication with the prescribing doctors at Gettysburg Cancer Center. They also have access to patient records so that they can provide faster service. There is no need for patients to drive across town and wait for their medications. We can deliver medications to any of our locations or mail them directly to your home if that is more convenient.
We specialize in the chemotherapy drugs that cancer patients need and the other supportive medications that make your treatment more tolerable and more effective. Our pharmacy staff is experienced in dispensing cancer drugs and can be very helpful in solving ancillary problems you may have, like how to take your meds while you’re at home or how to dispose of unused doses.